If you are using a simple street address while managing your email, then there is a big possibility that Yahoo might duplicate your content two times, or maybe even three times. Each time, the repetitive content starts with the state and city that caused the glitch in the first place. It is advisable do not store those duplicate emails in your Yahoo Mail as it provides the users a limited amount of memory storage. If you have also lots of duplicate emails then, you can clear it by following a few steps given in this guide. After that, you also can stop duplicate emails in Yahoo so that your inbox will stay clean and organized.
First of all, we will discuss the exact steps to remove duplicate emails from Yahoo Mail and for that,
- Firstly, you will need to login to your Yahoo account to remove the duplicate emails. Now, go to the search box that appeared just below the upper border of the inbox
- Now, enter the subject of the duplicate email in the search box and after that, press the Enter key. Yahoo will now display multiple results for the subject and now you can filter your search result. In the left grid of the screen, the search refinement options will then appear. Here, you will need to try to narrow down your search result, unless only the duplicate emails will appear
- Here, you will need to click on select all options from the tab that appears just above the inbox. When all of the duplicate emails are chosen, you will need to click on the option “Move To” and after that, choose “Trash” that appears at the top.
Let’s move ahead with the step to delete duplicate Yahoo Emails by Thunderbird and to do this,
- Add your Yahoo address in Thunderbird and make sure that the incoming type is IMPA while you are adding the account. Commonly, Thunderbird will add your account IMAP by default after you have added your name, email address, and password
- Now, you will need to install an add-on known as Remove Duplicate Messages. After installing the add-on, you will need to right-click on the folder or the subfolder of your inbox and then, select the option “Remove duplicate messages”. This action will list will down all the duplicate emails of your account
- Here, you can choose All and Delete them easily and you can change the compare settings to track duplicity of the Add-on of Thunderbird. To change the compare settings of “Remove duplicate message” add-on and go to the Tools/Add-On page
- Here, you will need to find the extensions tab where you can see the extensions or add-ons list
- Now, choose the Available option appears next to the name of “Remove Duplicate Message”
- After that, you can customize the compare setting of the add-on from the appeared window
- You can also change the compare options such as compare message ID, author, date in second, line count, and many similar options
These are the exact steps to stop duplicate email and if you are facing any issue then, it is recommended to get connected with the technical experts at Yahoo Care. The teams are highly experienced and serve you best in providing instant assistance.