Service providing the name in today’s time, yahoo is not only about the exchange of emails other than that it offers the users with many other paths of communications. Undoubtedly yahoo has made the process of communication very much easy and fast for its users; all that the user needs is an internet connection and a set up of the yahoo mail account.
But all the users are most of the time not very much technically sound therefore for them it becomes a problem to deal with the technical glitch that occurs while the conduct of day to day working of the yahoo account, but with the help of the yahoo trained experts the users can easily and also instantly get all the issues resolved.
Sometimes even the basic procedures like the yahoo UK mail login and the setup procedures also appear tricky to the users, therefore keeping in mind the problem of all such yahoo mail users here we will discuss the process to set up yahoo email on iPhone.
Before starting with the setup procedures the user should get the I MAP servers settings to be done as it allows the users to use the incoming mail services smoothly on yahoo mail while using it on iPhone.
For the Yahoo, I MAP settings the user should follow the given steps-
- In the Yahoo Incoming Email server account type, the user should fill up IMAP
- Then in the yahoo incoming email server user name the user should enter the full yahoo email address.
- In the yahoo, incoming email server password the user should enter the password of the yahoo email ID.
- In the yahoo, incoming email server hostname the user should enter imap.mail.Yahoo.com
- In the yahoo incoming email server port, the user should enter the three-digit number 993.
- In the yahoo, incoming email server TLS/SSL the user should click “yes”
- When asked for authentication the user should again click “yes”
- Once the IMAP settings will be done the user will then be able to easily receive emails on the yahoo mail account.
Similarly in order to use the outgoing mail services smoothly, before setting up the yahoo account on any device the user needs to get the SMTP server settings as this allows the users to use the outgoing mail services smoothly on the yahoo mail while using it on the iPhone.
For the SMTP settings, the user should follow the given steps-
- In the yahoo outgoing email server account type, the user should enter SMTP.
- In the yahoo outgoing email server username, the user should enter the full yahoo email address.
- In the yahoo outgoing email server password, the user should enter the email password.
- In the outgoing email server hostname, the user should enter SMTP.mail.yahoo.com
- In outgoing Email server port, the user should enter 3 digit number 465
- In the outgoing Email server TLS/SSL the user should click “yes”
- When asked for authentication of the email ID and password the user should then again click “yes”
- Once the SMTP servers will be activated after following the above-given steps the user will be able to easily send emails to all the mail services including yahoo while using a yahoo account on the iPhone.
- Once, the sending and receiving settings are done on the iPhone after that the user should move to the setup procedure of the yahoo account on the iPhone.
In order to set up yahoo mail account on the iPhone, the user should follow the below-given steps –
- On the device click the settings icon.
- Then choose the mail option.
- Further click “accounts.”
- Choose the “Add account” option.
- Further, click the option “other”
- Then click the Add mail account option.
- Enter the needed details such as name, email address, and password
- After that click “next”
- Select the IMAP server in the outgoing and incoming mail server the user should enter the needed details.
- After that, the user should click the “next button”
Before clicking the next button the user should check the following server settings –
- The username and password.
- The incoming hostname should be imap.mail.yahoo.com.
- The outgoing mail server hostname should be smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
- A prompt message will then appear for the verification of the server settings.
- The user should click the continue button on each server or the user can also click on “details “and can further click “trust”
- Click the save button in order to save the server settings.
- Choose the recently created account.
- Choose for the SMTP server.
- After that, the user should click the done button.
Before clicking the done button the user should keep a note of the following-
- The outgoing mail server hostname, it should be smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- The user name should be the full email address.
- The password should be the one given to the email ID.
- The SSL should be active.
- The password should be used for authentication.
- The server port should be set to 465.
All the important details needed for setting up a yahoo mail account on iPhone are well discussed above there is no room left for any type of confusion or doubt but still, if the user feels the need then the experts are available at yahoo mail contact support.