Yahoo has become one of the best email services for providing excellent mail service to its users. It sometimes gets you stuck due to a serious glitch such as Error 651. In this guide, you will learn a brief detail of error 651 that indicates your machine has defective software or hardware which should be resolved when possible. Below is the information on how to fix Error 651 and get your computer back to normal.
Signs of Error 651
- When your computer hangs and freezes or locks up at random
- When your PC crashes when you are running Yahoo! Messenger
- If Yahoo Messenger Error 651 pop-up and causes a program to shut down or your PC to crash
- Your PC is running slow, taking a long time to boot up, and you have doubt Error 651 by Yahoo! Messenger is the main cause
Causes of Runtime Error 651:
There are various causes of runtime errors such as Yahoo Messenger Error 651, like viruses, missing files or folders, old drivers, incomplete or poor installation, as well as registry errors. They can also happen due to an issue with the computer’s memory that might often be due to a hardware issue. In some cases, there was an issue installing Yahoo! Messenger and this error occurred.
Resolution of Error 651:
- First of all, uninstall and reinstall Yahoo! Messenger
- Then, remove registry entry related to error 651
- Now, ensure that junk isn’t causing Yahoo Error 651 if yes, then use ‘cleanmgr’ tool to clean disk junk
- Resolve infections and eliminate malware in your PC by conducting malware scan of your system
- This error code causes due to old drivers, in that case, install all update drivers
- In the last, install all updates of Windows OS
If still the error persists then, calling Yahoo Mail Contact Phone Number is the best way to get the reliable resolution of this error code in the shortest time frame.