Yahoo Mail not only gets you the way of communication but it also provides ease of sending attachments, photos, and videos. It comes with error 1009 due to which you can’t use Yahoo Mail. There are various causes of runtime error such as Yahoo! Messenger Error 1009 like viruses, old drivers, missing files or folders, incomplete or bad installation, as well as registry errors. They can also occur because of an issue with the memory of the computer that might often be due to a hardware issue. In some cases, there was a problem installing Yahoo! Messenger and an error occurred.
Uninstall and Reinstall Yahoo! Messenger
If the Yahoo! Messenger Error 1009 happens due to using Yahoo Messenger, you might want to try reinstalling in and see if the issue is fixed.
- Firstly, click on “Start Menu” and then, “Program and Features”
- Now, find the software linked to **insert file name**
- Click on Uninstall and Change
- The un-installer will pop-up and give you instructions. Click on “Okay” and “Next” unless it is finished
- Restart your computer and reinstall the software and then run the program
Remove Registry Entry related to Error 1009:
- Create a backup of registry files and click on “Start”
- Type “regedit”, select it and then, grant permission to move ahead
- Click on HKEY LOCAL MACHINE >> SOFTWARE >> Microsoft >> Windows >> Current Version >> Uninstall
- Find the Yahoo! Messenger Error 1009 software from the list you wish to uninstall
- Choose the software and double-click on Uninstalling String icon on the right side
- Copy the highlighted text and exit and go to the search field
- Paste the data and select Okay to uninstall the program
Reinstall the software to resolve the issue and if you are facing any issue then, call on Yahoo Support UK to get instant help from the technical experts regarding the resolution.