Yahoo is the best email service and comes with excellent and fast service. It sometimes gets you stuck with any of its errors in which 1013 is one of them. This error is basically happening with Yahoo Messenger. You can easily fix this error just by following a few steps given in this guide.
Method 1: Uninstall and Reinstall Yahoo! Messenger
If the Yahoo Messenger Error 1013 is a result of using Yahoo! Messenger and you should try to reinstall it and see if the error is resolved and fixed.
Method 2: Remove Registry Entries linked to Error 1013
- Firstly, create a backup of registry files
- Click on ‘Start’ and type Regedit, choose it and grant the permission to proceed
- Click HKEY LOCAL MACHINE >> SOFTWARRE>> Microsoft>>Window>>Current Version>>Uninstall
- Find the Yahoo Messenger Error 1013 software from the list you want to uninstall
- Choose the software and then, double-click on the Uninstall String icon on the right side
- Copy the highlighted text and exit and then, go to the search field
- Paste the data and select Okay to uninstall the program
- Reinstall the software
Method 3: Ensure Junk isn’t Causing Yahoo Messenger Error 1013
Any space that isn’t constantly cleared out and tends to get the junk accumulated. Your personal computer is no exception. Regular web browsing, browse thumbnail caches, or even installing of application slows down your device and in the absence of adequate memory, also can trigger a Yahoo Messenger Error 1013 error.
Method 4: Resolve Infection and Remove Malware in your PC
- Enter ‘safe mode’ just by pressing the F8 key constantly when your device is restarting. Select ‘Safe Mode with Networking’ from the Advanced Boot Options menu
- Backup all the data in your device to a safe and secure location. This is preferably a storage unit that isn’t connected to your existing network
- Leave program files as is and they are where the infection spreads from and might have been compromised
- Run a complete full system scan or check of a scanner. If you already have an antivirus or anti-malware software installed, let it do the heavy lifting
- Lastly, change all your password and then update your operating system and drivers
- Restart your PC when the process has run its course
Also, you can get this error code resolved just by updating the drivers and Windows Operating system. If still, the error code persists then, call on yahoo customer service contact number uk for instant help regarding the exact resolution.