Although Yahoo mail comes with excellent features there is a fact that you might get stuck with any issue that comes frequently from Yahoo end. In such cases, you will not be able to use your Yahoo mail account. As a small business owner, mail forwarding can serve you to run your company more efficiently. For instance, you can use a personal email account like Gmail, for reading and keeping track of all emails that are sent to the account of your company. Yahoo offers a mail for forwarding option, but only if you upgrade your free account to the Yahoo Plus. If you want the ease of reading your Yahoo emails in Gmail but do not want to pay for the upgrade to Yahoo Plus, use Gmail’s “import mail” feature.
POP 3 means Post Office Protocol and it downloads emails from Yahoo! Mail’s server to your new email client without synchronizing. If you make changes, like deleting an email, this only affects your new Yahoo! Mail account. Also, you can only have to access the emails in your inbox.
IMAP means for Internet Message Access Protocol. This advanced method allows you to access Yahoo! Mail and make changes that synchronize between the two clients. So if you delete your Yahoo! Mail email within Gmail, it’ll be reflected when you log in to your Yahoo! Mail account.
Choosing one over the other depends on what you want to do. If you want to just view new emails and after that, POP3 is fine. If you want full control, go for IMAP. IMAP also means you don’t need to organize your Yahoo! Mail account separately (deleting read mail, etc), as it synchronizes with Yahoo! Mail’s servers. In that past, you will need to set up POP 3 or IMAP manually, but both Outlook and Gmail can configure the IMAP/POP3 settings automatically for you.
Let’s get the Yahoo! Mail setup on Gmail’s famous client (the cloud-based Live and Gmail accounts, not the desktop client).
Connect Yahoo! Mail to Gmail has the best feature called Gamilify. It helps to configure full IMAP control of your Yahoo! Mail, with a few additional benefits like Gmail’s Excellent spam filters. If you want to control your Yahoo! Mail account from Gmail, this is the way to move on.
- Click on the gear appears in the top right and then, choose Settings
- Now, choose ‘Add a mail account’ option
- You will get a pop-up asking you to enter your Yahoo! Mail email address
- When you have done this, click on Enter
- Ensure Link accounts with Gamilify is chosen, then click on Enter
- You now get a message from Yahoo prompt you to give access to Gmail. Just click on Agree.
That is it, you should now get the “You’ve been Gmailified” As usual, it may take some time for syncing, but Gmailify provides you Yahoo! Mail control, with all the best features of Gmail.
Forward Yahoo Mail to Gmail
- Firstly, open Yahoo Mail in a browser window and after that, click on the Gear icon appears at the top-right of the page, appears under the Home icon. If browser window is vast then, the gear will be labeled “Settings”
- Now, click on “More Settings” appears in the pane on the left, and after that, click on “More Settings”
- Now, see in the pane on the left, click on “Mailboxes” appears under the “Mailbox list”, click on the Yahoo email account that you want to forward
- In the Forwarding section, enter the email address where you like your Yahoo email to be sent, and after that, click on “Verify”
- Go to the account where you are forwarding your mail. You should see a new email from Yahoo asking you to confirm that you want to forward your email there
- It prevents anyone from maliciously or accidentally forwarding the email to an account which doesn’t want the messages
- Confirm that you want to forward the email Your Yahoo Mail is now automatically forwarding to Gmail. You can cancel email forwarding by returning to this same Yahoo Mail Menu and click on “Remove”
These are a few steps that you have to follow to use Yahoo Mail for Gmail. In case if you are facing any issue then in that case, it is recommended to get in touch with the technical experts at Yahoo Support UK. Here you will get instant support regarding the resolution. The experts are highly experienced and hence they will serve you better in providing quick and reliable assistance.